Cherry Cola
Gallery: 501

May Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

May Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

New here or need a refresher?
Here's a link to the April Board:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=277142

Welcome back to the SPEND SMART STASH BUST CHALLENGE! ☺️ I hope everyone did well last month, and with NSD happening, we have a LOT of opportunities to bust up some stash! ☺️ (Perhaps to spend Smart during the sales, too …😉)

Here's how I'm doing:
Last month, I ONLY bought some white cardstock and ordered more prints.
I'm poor right now-lol!- hoping for gift cards as my birthday is ALSO this month! 😂
I need adhesive and more colored cardstock, but I'm using what I have, and making things work! (I could also use new blades for my trimmer but 😂 I bought some once that didn't fit my old trimmer, and I'm sure I gave them away!) 😂

STASH BUST:

I have to say, FIRST my stash got a bit bigger last month because I won an ACOT grab bag from bingo, AND because a friend sent me some ephemera! So, it was VERY nice!
However, I HAVE been bashing my stash! Layouts and art journaling have been keeping me busy, as well as creating some embellishments.
I have used a couple of my page kits- I think I ended up with 8 layouts for the month, plus a two-pager, which is ALSO me stepping outside of my comfort zone.
For MAY:
I'm anticipating busting up some stash during NSD as well as with the regular monthly challenges! (I play along in a few Facebook groups sometimes, too, and that is another option if you need more challenges!)
I average about 8 layouts a month, but NSD gets my papers and glue flying! 😉

Looking forward to hearing from you all! 😊
shoorn
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 2830

Re: May Spend Smart/Stash Bust Challenge

Post by shoorn »

Last month -
   APRILgoals:
     Spend Smart - I am going to set the budget at $120 with shipping but not including adhesive. There are some more papers I want - though I may hold off until May and my birthday (gift cards). 
     Stash Bust - Going to do some organizing of embellies and ephemera before NSD which will take time. I want to do at least 12 pages (hope for more) and birthday cards that I need. 

How I did - I spent about what my budget was - if I include albums and page protectors. I also got a bulk pack of adhesive refills.  Got a 49 and Market Collection I wanted. Stash bust - I did 19 pages (better than I had hoped) and 2 cards  Used up some stash and scraps. I did organize a lot of my embellies/ephemera so that it is easier to find accents for my projects. Did some purging - put some things aside for the SWAP box and for my teacher friend. 

MAY Goals:
   Spend Smart - This is my birth month too and hoping DS will send a gift card that I can use. There are some new G45 collections that I love but am waiting to see if I get a gc. Spending budget $75 and hope to spend less. 
   Stash Bust - Since this is NSD month, I am hoping to get a lot of challenges  done - NSD and monthly. I want to get at least 22 pages done. Use up some older stash. 

Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Image ImageImage   Image
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 441

Post by DN in MN »

I am doing really well on the spend part, lol.  I am ready to craft this weekend so stash busting should also occur for May!

I did spend some cash on storage items but I do not count that for this challenge.  My stamps and dies are almost organized ;)

2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2021

Post by MTCanuk »

I did well with my no spend April.  The only thing I bought was new mats for my Silhouette and they were on sale too.
I had print credits at Persnickity Prints, so was able to get photos at no charge.  that's a bonus.

I have quite a few pages I managed to complete.  Still hope to do a couple more.  
So far 23 pages and 3 cards

Trying to stay reined in for May.  But Vicki B has a new collection coming out.  
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

shoorn wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:38 pm
Last month -
   APRILgoals:
     Spend Smart - I am going to set the budget at $120 with shipping but not including adhesive. There are some more papers I want - though I may hold off until May and my birthday (gift cards). 
     Stash Bust - Going to do some organizing of embellies and ephemera before NSD which will take time. I want to do at least 12 pages (hope for more) and birthday cards that I need. 

How I did - I spent about what my budget was - if I include albums and page protectors. I also got a bulk pack of adhesive refills.  Got a 49 and Market Collection I wanted. Stash bust - I did 19 pages (better than I had hoped) and 2 cards  Used up some stash and scraps. I did organize a lot of my embellies/ephemera so that it is easier to find accents for my projects. Did some purging - put some things aside for the SWAP box and for my teacher friend. 

MAY Goals:
   Spend Smart - This is my birth month too and hoping DS will send a gift card that I can use. There are some new G45 collections that I love but am waiting to see if I get a gc. Spending budget $75 and hope to spend less. 
   Stash Bust - Since this is NSD month, I am hoping to get a lot of challenges  done - NSD and monthly. I want to get at least 22 pages done. Use up some older stash. 

Susan! 😂 I'm glad you're back to do this with us again! 😁
You are on fire with your goals! 👏👏👏😊😊😊😊 I REALLY hope you get those gift cards!!
LOVE that you mentioned organizing and using older stash! I love it!
Good luck on hitting your goal of 22!!! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

DN in MN wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:46 pm
I am doing really well on the spend part, lol.  I am ready to craft this weekend so stash busting should also occur for May!

I did spend some cash on storage items but I do not count that for this challenge.  My stamps and dies are almost organized ;)

Hey Deanna, YAY for NOT spending, AND for organizing your stamps and dies!!!!! ☺️☺️☺️ It's NOT always easy to not spend, and organizing camps and dies can be a beast!
I'm looking forward to seeing some of your stash busting!! ☺️
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3685

Post by blbabe1234 »

I had a super busy April where I didn't scrap much, so I only did 5 pages. I did splurge when ACOT had the 10% off of everything and I got the WRMKs Emoji Punch Board for $5 (it was reg $30) and a Birthday Boy stamp set for $8. Figured with 4 nephews, I would get LOTS of use out of it. After points and a gc, it shaved off a few $$ on top of the s/h. Spent $8.91 :greenlol:

NOW..with NSD..I know I'm gonna shop the sale here. I always do.

As for stash busting, I'm sure I will after all the NSD challenges and fun :greenlol:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm
I did well with my no spend April.  The only thing I bought was new mats for my Silhouette and they were on sale too.
I had print credits at Persnickity Prints, so was able to get photos at no charge.  that's a bonus.

I have quite a few pages I managed to complete.  Still hope to do a couple more.  
So far 23 pages and 3 cards

Trying to stay reined in for May.  But Vicki B has a new collection coming out.  

Leslee! ☺️ LOVE that you've stuck with your goals and only spent on essentials! ☺️ That's what I'm trying to do! 🤣
WAY to go on busting that stash!!!! ☺️ You're a machine! ☺️
Oh and I've seen the new Vickie Boutin, and I want it, ALL too! 😂
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:45 pm
I had a super busy April where I didn't scrap much, so I only did 5 pages. I did splurge when ACOT had the 10% off of everything and I got the WRMKs Emoji Punch Board for $5 (it was reg $30) and a Birthday Boy stamp set for $8. Figured with 4 nephews, I would get LOTS of use out of it. After points and a gc, it shaved off a few $$ on top of the s/h. Spent $8.91 :greenlol:

NOW..with NSD..I know I'm gonna shop the sale here. I always do.

As for stash busting, I'm sure I will after all the NSD challenges and fun :greenlol:

You've did some seriously smart spending! 👏👏☺️☺️☺️ (The NSD sales are amazing, too!!!)
I LOVE your stash busting, too, and yes, LOTS of that coming up! 😉
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 461

Post by GinniG »

I did fairly well in April...  I did need some more adhesive and after having real trouble with Amazon's ATG refills (all of them have been twisted at some point in the roll!!!!! GRRRRR!!!) I decided to check out Tape Jungle.  I got 12 refills for $31 with free shipping!!! (A big deal for us Alaskans!) Amazon wanted $22 for 6 rolls.  So I definitely saved money there!

I didn't manage as many pages as I wanted to but that's okay.  I did 9 and I'm hoping to do one more tonight... 

For May, I'm going to keep my stash busting going.  I can definitely see the difference when I go to choose papers!  But I still have plenty!  :)  With the NSD challenges I should be able to bust quite a bit of stash!

I am very proud of myself for planning ahead this year for the NSD sales!  I have been cherry hunting AND I won the 1,000 points for last week's Becky Fleck Sketch!!!!!  So at the moment I have almost 4,500 points!!!!!  WOOHOO!  My basket is full of goodies that I can't wait to purchase!  So we'll see how the sales turn out and what I can reasonably afford.  :)

Thanks for sponsoring this again Holly!!!
VALERIE 03/22
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 427

Post by VALERIE 03/22 »

I DID OKAY................... I SPENT SOMETHING LIKE $30.00 AT TEMU.COM AND GOTS LOTS OF DIES FOR MY BIG SHOT WITH FREE SHIPPING.................... NOT EVEN SURE IF I SPENT THAT MUCH.................... I ALSO DID SEVERAL BACKGROUND PAGES LIKE 23 OF THEM....................... PLUS, THE 7 CHALLENGES THAT ENDED UP BEING 10 L.O.'S........................... I ENTEND TO SHOP SOME OF THE SALES FOR NSD AND AGAIN I ONLY HAVE $35.00 I CAN SPEND FOR THEM................... SO, I WILL HAVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE WISELY WHAT I WANT/NEED MOST OF.................... I'M MAINLY LOOKING FOR WATERCOLOR PAPER AT THE MOMENT................ OR THE NEW STICKLES......................... FOR MAY I'M NOT SURE WHAT I WANT TO DO................... SO, I'M GOING TO LEAVE IT TO THE WIND FOR NOW.......................... HAPPY CRAFTING EVERYONE...................... VALERIE
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

GinniG wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:41 pm
I did fairly well in April...  I did need some more adhesive and after having real trouble with Amazon's ATG refills (all of them have been twisted at some point in the roll!!!!! GRRRRR!!!) I decided to check out Tape Jungle.  I got 12 refills for $31 with free shipping!!! (A big deal for us Alaskans!) Amazon wanted $22 for 6 rolls.  So I definitely saved money there!

I didn't manage as many pages as I wanted to but that's okay.  I did 9 and I'm hoping to do one more tonight... 

For May, I'm going to keep my stash busting going.  I can definitely see the difference when I go to choose papers!  But I still have plenty!  :)  With the NSD challenges I should be able to bust quite a bit of stash!

I am very proud of myself for planning ahead this year for the NSD sales!  I have been cherry hunting AND I won the 1,000 points for last week's Becky Fleck Sketch!!!!!  So at the moment I have almost 4,500 points!!!!!  WOOHOO!  My basket is full of goodies that I can't wait to purchase!  So we'll see how the sales turn out and what I can reasonably afford.  :)

Thanks for sponsoring this again Holly!!!

😊 Thanks for coming back, Ginni!

Sounds like you've been REALLY good with your budget! ALL that figuring out with the discounts and sales is ABSOLUTELY smart shopping!

ALSO, woo-hoo for stash busting!!! It's one of my goals to have a much smaller stash, so all the encouragement I get is awesome! Knowing that others can do it, means I can, too! 😂

Of course.... When you're low on papers, I HOPE you get a chance to replenish your stash a bit - may the sales be with you! 😀

(Boo to your tape not working right, BTW, but oh it's great that you've found a much more affordable place to buy tape! I had an incident myself with my tape lol! So I'll be looking to Tape Jungle, too! 😉)

Thanks again for doing this with us!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:45 pm
I DID OKAY................... I SPENT SOMETHING LIKE $30.00 AT TEMU.COM AND GOTS LOTS OF DIES FOR MY BIG SHOT WITH FREE SHIPPING.................... NOT EVEN SURE IF I SPENT THAT MUCH.................... I ALSO DID SEVERAL BACKGROUND PAGES LIKE 23 OF THEM....................... PLUS, THE 7 CHALLENGES THAT ENDED UP BEING 10 L.O.'S........................... I ENTEND TO SHOP SOME OF THE SALES FOR NSD AND AGAIN I ONLY HAVE $35.00 I CAN SPEND FOR THEM................... SO, I WILL HAVE TO PICK AND CHOOSE WISELY WHAT I WANT/NEED MOST OF.................... I'M MAINLY LOOKING FOR WATERCOLOR PAPER AT THE MOMENT................ OR THE NEW STICKLES......................... FOR MAY I'M NOT SURE WHAT I WANT TO DO................... SO, I'M GOING TO LEAVE IT TO THE WIND FOR NOW.......................... HAPPY CRAFTING EVERYONE...................... VALERIE

HEY, WELCOME BACK, VALERIE!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE BEEN ADDING SOME TOOLS TO YOUR STASH, AND THAT'S COOL!
I CAN SAY FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THAT HAVING WATER COLOR PAPER IS VERY HANDY!!! I DON'T USE MINE OFTEN, AND MOSTLY FOR MIXED MEDIA COLLAGES, BUT SOMETIMES I LIKE TO INCORPORATE IT INTO OTHER PROJECTS, LIKE LAYOUTS. (THOUGH I DO WANT TO DO SOME CARD-MAKING WITH IT AT SOME POINT!)
THE NEW STICKLES ARE SO PRETTY, TOO! (AT LEAST ON THE SCREEN LOL!) IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, YOU WANT TO WAIT FOR A SALE AND SNAG A BUNCH! 😂
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR STASH BUSTING, TOO! 10 LAYOUTS IS AWESOME!!!
THANKS AGAIN FOR PLAYING ALONG WITH US HERE, WITH THIS CHALLENGE! 😊 I CAN'T SPEAK FOR EVERYONE, BUT I ALWAYS NEED HELP SHOPPING SMART! (LOL AND THE INSPIRATION FROM THE CHALLENGES AND THE GALLERY AND OTHER CHERRIES LIKE YOU- IT HELPS ME BUST UP SOME OF MY STASH, TOO!) 😊
mizz_kitty21
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 89

Post by mizz_kitty21 »

I feel I did really well. I bought some stuff, due to a pay-intresse, so I treated myself :) 

I also made 56 layouts in april, 4 cards and a sign. I participated in a lot of ACOT challenges, definetly more than 5. 

This month, I’ll aim for 40 layouts and 3 cards, and participate in as much NSD fun as I can.
Add some sparkle to your life :)

- Henriette
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 938

Post by suewho372 »

I did not purchase anything in April. I used some stash in April and did 4 layouts!
I don’t know if I can resist not buying anything during NSD… I am going to try to be strong!
We will see how that works out for me!

I was strong and resisted the sales so far this month! And I have been pulling stuff out from my stash that l have had for years and years and actually using it!
Last edited by suewho372 on Thu May 16, 2024 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Susan

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

mizz_kitty21 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:44 pm
I feel I did really well. I bought some stuff, due to a pay-intresse, so I treated myself :) 

I also made 56 layouts in april, 4 cards and a sign. I participated in a lot of ACOT challenges, definetly more than 5. 

This month, I’ll aim for 40 layouts and 3 cards, and participate in as much NSD fun as I can.

Henriette! 😊
Thanks for joining us! It sounds like you're a scrappin' machine! 😊 The amount of stash you must have busted has to be impressive! 😊 Too cool!!
(That's also nice that you were able to treat yourself!)
I'm excited to see more of your work, and I hope you make your goals for May! 😊
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

suewho372 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:29 pm
I did not purchase anything in April. I used some stash in April and did 4 layouts!
I don’t know if I can resist not buying anything during NSD… I am going to try to be strong!
We will see how that works out for me!

Good job not shopping last month, Susan! 😊 Sounds like you were used more than you brought in, so maybe a little treat in order?! 😉
😂 I'm maybe placing a small order, but there's so much good stuff and I don't need it! 😂 😂 😂 I want it ALL, though! 😂
I bet you bust more stash during NSD, though! 😆
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 740

Post by Amy Jo »

I did 18 singles page layouts, 2 double page layouts and a card last month. I also killed a package of embellishments =)

That's 22.5 points to add to the 7.5 points I rolled over from March. I had $53.01 to spend from Jan.- Mar. so now I’m at $85.01!

My goal is to kill a kit this month and add another $20 to my total. 

My rules for earning spending money:

1. No Spending in February, June, or October
2. I'll earn $10 to spend for every 10 layouts. (Cards count as 1/2 of a layout and Double Page layouts count as 2.)
3. I'll earn $5 for every sticker sheet or embellishment package I use up.
4. I'll earn $10 for every kit I kill. My goal is to kill 4 this year. (I have set and failed to reach this goal in the past but I am really close to killing a couple of kits so I feel good about achieving this goal in 2024!)
ImageImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 938

Post by suewho372 »

🤞 I can hold out until the end of the month! I did not really get to do all that I wanted to for NSD - all the challenges are fantastic! But I did play some and create some. I did get 6 layouts and a pre crop tag challenge done! I used scraps off my table and from my stash so I’ve been busting into it!
Susan

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola

Amy Jo wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:51 pm
I did 18 singles page layouts, 2 double page layouts and a card last month. I also killed a package of embellishments =)

That's 22.5 points to add to the 7.5 points I rolled over from March. I had $53.01 to spend from Jan.- Mar. so now I’m at $85.01!

My goal is to kill a kit this month and add another $20 to my total. 

My rules for earning spending money:

1. No Spending in February, June, or October
2. I'll earn $10 to spend for every 10 layouts. (Cards count as 1/2 of a layout and Double Page layouts count as 2.)
3. I'll earn $5 for every sticker sheet or embellishment package I use up.
4. I'll earn $10 for every kit I kill. My goal is to kill 4 this year. (I have set and failed to reach this goal in the past but I am really close to killing a couple of kits so I feel good about achieving this goal in 2024!)

Look at you go, Girl!!! 😍 AmyJo, you are crushing it here! 😊 (I like your maths, too!) DEFINITELY the good influence mose of us need! 😂 Please keep playing along with us!!! 😊

Return to “Contests & Challenges”